Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/30/2016 9:16 am  #11

Re: The so called preachers

Yes I agree with you

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

8/31/2016 2:31 am  #12

Personally I tend to ignore Preachers of any kind, i just had to much of it from the church etc as a child. I just dont have time for them as there views are one sided and you cant get a word in edgeways anyway.

Having been admin and staff on other forums in the past I know that they can upset members and be a bit of a pain, but the one that people don't think about is some of them copy n paste from sites and texts that are copyrighted. This can be a legal nightmare for admin to try and sort out the mess when they are suddenly left with like a very volital hot potato burning there hands.

Past experience taught me that lesson and the fact that the site it was copied from tried to come after that forum and me as admin for compensation was a nightmare in itself.  I had no knowledge of the site it had been copied from by that member and it did get sorted out amicably in the eventually. But that is personally why I would be very weary of things copied and pasted on any forum by a member, especially if its something that they kept doing repeatedly.

I know on one site a member was doing this so much that we lost other members as they couldn't get a word in edgeways and felt bullied  and harassed off of the site by this individual. That individual was banned but for a while kept trying to rejoin under different names.

That's just my personal experience of members like that and the trouble they can cause aren't worth it. My thoughts are if you have a nice friendly forum try and keep it so, if a member begins that kind of trouble personally I'd be warning them n banning them if they keep on with it.

Bullying of what ever kind is nasty and yes whilst understanding  why some one may do it can help. Personally whilst I stand up for the right of anyone to have free speach,  I also think the majority of the members who all end up leaveing because of one individual like that are more important than that one individual whose causing the trouble.

Last edited by Maikan (8/31/2016 2:36 am)

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

8/31/2016 2:50 am  #13

There is one site that has three of theses so called internet preachers,they wont respond to anyone.the last one printed reams and reams of pages copied from someone elses site. it covered pages everyone was complaining about it.but the person who owns the site.despite being told by many members that it is pagerism does nothing that's when she even goes on there

8/31/2016 3:44 am  #14

They make me spit chips.. One of the sites I Mod on got spammed by reams and reams of cut n' paste preaching from the Koran, the thread title was unrelated to the content and... they had the brass neck to use my username as a ref to get around the spam filter.. I still deleted it and blocked them....  Ihate Cut n' paste, anything I write comes from my memory banks and my experiences.. No copyright problems there just a few missed typos http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

8/31/2016 4:51 am  #15

Yes I am talking about si.it doesn't upset me in the slightest I just hate injustice,i have been on sites where others have been reprimanded and others are let to get on with it.t the ownwer of the site is part of the admin team on another forum and she is the first to stop them. and what they put down is so far fetched from the topic title.

8/31/2016 6:20 am  #16

I don't understand copy and pasting unless it is a couple of lines or a paragraph... just post the link instead. I still see a newbie (I think the same person under a new identity) who is posting quotes or rather pages from books. It offers nothing but takes up forum space. I imagine they think they are spreading the word, or that it boosts their ego maybe by saying they have the answer and here is why.

I'm sure I have ruffled feathers on SF, (with L) but she does rule with a heavy ego fist without seeing her own actions that contradict things. I feel a site like that has a responsibility not to encourage such action an while I did notice they got rid of some, there are many others still. I also wish they would 'warn' the whiners who post the same thing in various threads, where people offer help and they don't wish to listen but carry on whining. A couple used to clog up chat and it ruins it for everyone. I'm all for helping, but when the same person cries wolf, it's like if you don't wish to listen to anyone they why ask for help?

Last edited by Maverick (8/31/2016 6:20 am)

8/31/2016 6:54 am  #17

I sure agree about the whiners Maverick, they just plain ruin chat for everyone else s and its always the exact same thing they are whining about. I sat in Sf chat not long back and yet again a member comes in going on about the same thing they have been going on about for months. It read almost word for word the same as they Pm'ed me when the first joined and repeatedly kept doing so. I just dont answer or even open Pm's from this person, I just delete them. 

Now fair enough if they have to talk about it to figure it out once or twice I have no issue, but this person after a few months is now so fixated on this and as you say just blocks up chat. That and they always want free readings from everyone about the exact same subject. This individual pestered 3 other members so much on one occasion they left chat and haven't returned. One member blatantly said no  to them because I just get exactly the same as the last 3 readings I gave you, but still this individual didn't let up.

Now I just always block this person when I see them enter chat because simply they wont leave you alone if they can get you talking on there special subject. I do think in cases like this that its up to admin to say something to them or warn them.

I know that I just inwardly groan when people like this turn up in chat. I'm patient and sympathetic but that patience and sympathy only go's so far.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

8/31/2016 8:19 am  #18

To me it is all about process rather than content. The process of preaching is to control a forum, not to inform members. They may be trying to sell a website or spiritual way, but they are not informing us. Ones like Air Thoughts are trying sell and control. Air Thoughts seems to be ignorant in his ways, yet he tries to act like a spiritual master. The process is mostly attention getting and dominance in a forum.

Air Thoughts is welcome to post in this form, but he has to post under the right category. Thus one will know what they are getting into, and if they are into what he is saying, they can post with him all they like. In SI he posts in a category that is not the right place for his kind of preaching.

Last edited by Thunderbow (8/31/2016 8:23 am)

8/31/2016 3:17 pm  #19

Personally Air Thoughts has little impact on me. I am only speaking of process he employs and how it is used on the internet.

9/03/2016 8:33 am  #20

There is always a "Process" behind talk. Feelings come before words. Emotions is what communication is all about. Words come second. Thus, I always pay attention to to the emotional process before the words. What we are feeling inside ourselves creates our talk.

Board footera