Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/17/2016 10:42 am  #11

Re: Just one method of reading some one...

I use Vision Quest Tarot deck, along with a few other Native Tarot decks. Out on the reservation some will ask me to "throw" cards for them. The Tarot does cover a broad range of psychological every day life issues. I call them "Psychological Flash Cards".

8/17/2016 12:31 pm  #12

Well that is prettymuch what they are.. When reading from cards, if that is what the sitter asks for, then it is the 'Psychic level' that kicks in ..  I really do not use them now or ask any one else to. But when I taught 'Beginners' Circle they wanted to know if they needed to buy a set..  Some cards are 'Inspirational' ie Dolphin and Angel cards'..  In a way it made a learner look for detail..

There are so many methods, my Grandmother used to read '/tea Leaves' this was when we were children... She never let on for many many years the 'Gift' that ran thru our family line..

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (8/17/2016 12:32 pm)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

8/17/2016 11:18 pm  #13

Many moons ago when I was being mentored by another medicine carrier back home on the rez I was given a few items along with a medicine bundle. Included these items was a very, very old leather bag made from Buffalo. I asked what it was and got told that's a bag of Stick's Stones and Bones, You can throw them down on a blanket and read them to read to help others and yourself. 

There were no instructions with them so it was a bit trial and error at first, then my husband at the time let slip when working with them I was supposed to also work with my iiniskimm at the same time as it would help me understand the message better in the throw down.

Its just a tool though a way of me focusing quickly and getting the information needed kinda like Thunder Bow said with his Flash cards. These were just around long before the decks off cards were. Its just a way of me connecting with the ancestors a lot easier.

I have to say it works and I still use it to this day but ts something t be used respectfully and some things your just not meant to know at that particular time.  I will only throw down read  for others if they are physically present in the same place as me.

Last edited by Maikan (8/17/2016 11:23 pm)

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

8/18/2016 8:43 am  #14

There are so many cards to chose from today. Each deck can be a valid way of divination. Yes, I like to have one physically present.

8/19/2016 10:03 am  #15

http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png
So no reading is going on here then.. lol as we are not physically present...

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (8/19/2016 10:04 am)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

8/19/2016 10:09 am  #16

Readings are allowed here. It is up to one doing the reading

8/20/2016 4:32 am  #17

I know they are allowed, it just you all say you need the sitter to be there with you in person and we are online.

Nicholas Black Elk

8/20/2016 5:19 am  #18

I  used to be on a forum many moons ago I used to post readings in a room to see who could take it,then when I found the person I would disclose more

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

8/20/2016 5:31 am  #19

I enjoyed reading all the different views here, it is nice to see such discussion going on in a free and friendly manner.
I have all the decks mentioned and rather a few more.
I haven't seen any readings given here though, am I missing a tarot forum or a readings forum?

8/20/2016 6:00 am  #20

There's no reason why if people want to read for each other online they cant, I'm sure Thunder Bow would be open for those who wish to do so to give it a go. Either in a section they can post in or eventually when there is a chat room or by pm,  as he's already said as much above. It just takes a few to start that ball rolling.

I personally don't give readings anyway as a rule and its only on a very few occasions that I do throw the stones and bones n decipher them for others. When that person is present and really need it. Its not exactly what they are really used for. As that individual needs to have some physical contact with the stones n bones, ie hold the bag there in for a while before I work.

I personally don't use cards as I just plain don't get on with them, funny as people keep giving me decks of them and they sit with me a while until they go on to a new home when I find someone who can work with them. I currently have a couple of decks sitting here waiting for there new people. I just have no interest or urge to work with them if anything  I'd prefer them not to be here. But like many things they just end up here before finding where they need to go.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

Board footera