Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/10/2016 4:36 pm  #1

Not all religious folk are spiritual

Many people do think they are the same and automatically assume someone religious is spiritual, and that a spiritual person is religious. It's not always the case. I have met people who thought they were spiritual and really they weren't, and while one should not judge, I lived with the person who decided to be a Buddhist but they liked the idea of it and didn't understand what it was really about.

Why do people say they are religious? Because they have a faith or they feel they need to have something to define themselves? When someone says they are spiritual what are they trying to convey? That they have faith and belief in things that are intangible?

If you look at catholics and christians they don't believe in reincarnation or any divination, but spiritual people do. So can you be religious and still be spiritual? I feel you can, because the boundaries are wider. The problem is people assume that both religious sects and spiritual movements are cults, and the sad fact is some are.

8/10/2016 5:19 pm  #2

Re: Not all religious folk are spiritual

What you say is true,not all religious people are spiritual. to me being a spiritulist is a way of life.
being religious is following someone elses faith.letting them have control over what you believe,like brain washing its giving them control.
 i know many people all with different beliefs some are spiritulists, some are to scared to speak to me because im a spiritulist and therefor it is their belief that i am evil,
 i know someone who is a jahovas w, he doesnt say anything to me because he knows i will throw his beliefs back at him. he knows not to attempt to preach to me
 yet he told a mutual friend that i am a nice genuine person who will help anyone. yet i have a belief in something that he finds to be unforgivable, to me he has been brain washed, religion is about control

Namaste

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

8/10/2016 5:23 pm  #3

I take wisdom at face value. You can see the fruits of the knowledge you consume, and that food is the food of the soul. Surounding that precious soul is all the food we have eaten, forming layers of fashion that covers our full potential, or activates it. Everything we choose, everythign we believe in, and every piece of knowlegde we accept, all inntertwine to form the reality we are living nd see, beathing in with every breath.

Last edited by serloco (8/10/2016 5:24 pm)

8/11/2016 8:23 am  #4

As Native says, religion is all about Control. It has to do with people, and the things of people, and has nothing to do with the Universe and all its powers.

8/12/2016 6:39 pm  #5

I totally agree

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

8/12/2016 11:28 pm  #6

Agreed hence my signature on here.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

If you have experienced the first becuase convetional religion dictates it so and you manage to question and walk away from it then yeah you start to become spiritual.

Most major religions if you truely look at them are fear based, fear or upsetting God or fear of going to hell. So that religion becomes the best unpaid police man going as it keeps people weak and in fear of something they feel powerless to stop or prevent. By keeping people powerless and scared you can control the masses, this is often done by making an example of thise who wouldn't toe the line so making the masses fear you even more becuase they dont want to be the odd one out to be made an example of. Just look at history and what was done to those who belived in the old belifes not the main stream religions.

Step outside that circle and realise that your connection to the Creator n Creatress or what ever God you wish to belive in and you take back your own power. You dont need a Preacher to talk to which ever God for you in a congregation. All you need is yourself an some place quiet away from others so you can do it yourself. With the freedom this gives the individual also comes responsibility and that is being responsible for themselves and there actions etc.

My daughter summed this up perfectly when she said " When they all pray in church at the same time on the same day how can God hear them all? There are to many voices all at once , How can he hear each person and what they ask for? " The Preist couldn't answer her and sent her out of the lesson. I had to laugh and have a proud smile, when the school told me that one. Apparently she askes to many awkward questions becuase like me she's a free thinker lol. She wasn't in trouble but she makes him feel very uncomfortable with all her questions.

I'd trade having responsibilty for myself and my actions anyday over being told what to do by someone who wants to control everyone, wants them to be the same ask no awkward questions and have no individul freedom. After all when a Preacher preaches to his God the prayer doesnt come from the individual that needs that prayer it comes from the Preacher who is controling the person and situation they are praying for.

Why give that power away to anyone when you can do the job yourself in a way that is far more relevent to you as an individual?

Last edited by Maikan (8/12/2016 11:54 pm)

8/13/2016 8:42 am  #7

Religious people tend to be ruled by dogma and doctrine, and spiritual people can be, but truly spiritual people to me follow what resonates with them and don't do something because a book or someone has told them that's what you should do. To me that's the main difference.

Even though I have attended spiritual church, I wouldn't join (but do support them) as some concepts resonate and others not so much. The people in the church were and are very nice and accept that not everyone will see things completely like that, and that's how it ought to be.

8/13/2016 8:49 am  #8

In contemporary religion, it is pray, pay, and obey. Usually religion is designed to keep people subservient to a ruling family or class. You have seen how royal families, in the old days, in you part of the world, were closely associated with the church. This kind of thing was really strong in the Middle East and still is.

8/13/2016 1:07 pm  #9

Agreed it is very much alive in the middle east.

8/14/2016 4:18 pm  #10

Lets be honest, Religon is pretty much the cause of all wars... Just because you have a spirituality does not mean you ever need to set foot in a place of worship etc..Do they even know exactly what they are 'woreshipping?? I think mot.....

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

Board footera