Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/08/2016 11:43 pm  #11

Re: The selling of the Sweat Lodge and Vision Quest.

I totally agree Thunder Bow, I just wont let anyone use the lodge I have here, they can go and make there own and do what they want and call it what they want, just not here or on this land where I reside. I just want no part of what they do and what is here is here for a reason and is used correctly for the Medicine work I do.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

7/25/2016 4:12 pm  #12

Thunderbow wrote:

The Sweat Lodge, has been sold out to many times. If one is non-native then they should say it is a non-native sweat. Then they can apply any ritual they want, or call it a sauna. Same with the Vision Quest. Having more than a few people in a Sweat is crazy. It can be dangerous as what happened in Sedona.

Thunder Bow I know Sedona have spent time at Bell Rock healing the land...I loved it there and found like minded souls everywhere, I recall a beautiful Apache flute player who was playing in the main street.. He was selling cds, we could not buy one as my partner had lost the 'muggers bill fold that day with $35 in it....

Certain medical conditions  can be affected by the Sweat, the heat and the White sage.. can precipitate Astha attacks and collapse and also bring of  a cardiac arrest or trigger a psychotic episode..

What sticks in my throatis the amount of fake tribal craft items that is being made in Thailand and the Phillipines, I will alway only buy from a certificate native artisan and I will have met these people and have asked it it is alright to buy their work. I have every certificatestill attached to their work.  I have learned much from my time with many nations in USA and Canada  but only with their blessing.I am always deeply touched at how welcoming they all were towards me.  I feel just talking of this is making me want my spiritual home.

It grates on me that 'The Smithsonian' has a confiscate 'Medicine bundle'.. it is unopened because they say they do not know the ritual to open it.. They admitted to X raying it though...When I think of the Medicine bundle carrier having it wrenched from his arms, I an deeply saddened..

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (7/25/2016 4:20 pm)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

7/28/2016 11:35 am  #13

Being Native to AZ. I have been to Sedona many times. It is Arizona's answer to Santa Fe. It is a money orientated town. One should not mass produce the sweat lodge, or other ceremonies just to make more money on them.

8/11/2016 11:39 am  #14

The Sweat Lodge I was offered was in Hafan Y Coed  in  Wales  in the UK.. I looked at it, direlect and kept on walking.. The Centre was for Spiritual develop,ent...
As to Sedona, I liked it for other reasons, I got to go 'Off Roading' up into the mountains and get to see some old log cabins, had an idea how the settlers lived in those days.. Just to see the other side of things..

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (8/11/2016 11:40 am)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

Board footera