Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/30/2017 4:46 am  #11

Re: I had to laugh at this one.

The Indians here are sleeping lol... Well I guess you might have to wake a few up then..http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

1/30/2017 10:50 pm  #12

Native spirit wrote:

Deb
your abilities are going to grow through your paintings they will show more than you realise,so will your quilting the way you do them will change.have you made your medicine bag yet?.it is important for you remember to fill it with whats important to you.keep it close to your body.but tommy senior is helping you along

I was given a pendleton sage bag for Christmas from my daughter's sister in-law a while back.
It's 1/2 dear skin and 1/2 pendleton blanket wool.
just like these (mostly the 2nd one) Mine's turquoise one side and reds/blues other side.  
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/ec/64/83/ec64837983f19b54fd0785b374ad9b48.jpg 
https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/6097524/il_570xN.290323860.jpg
guess I could use it but it really is too large to cary on body. Its a good 5 or 6 inches in height.
I already have it holding gemstones.  

If I had time; I'd make my own. I was gifted some hides back in the early 2000. 

Last edited by Native_Past_Life_Spirit (1/30/2017 10:51 pm)

People do not remember words as much as they remember experiences. 

1/31/2017 6:37 am  #13

1/31/2017 8:36 am  #14

I like those Pendleton blankets and the bags.. Never got a Pendleton but one day :lol:  My larger Medicine bag is asimilar size to Maikens its hide anf hand painted and decorated by me a few years back. it hold my tobacco for offerings..It really is best to try and make your own..

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (1/31/2017 8:38 am)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

1/31/2017 6:18 pm  #15

Star Wolf Medicine Woman wrote:

I like those Pendleton blankets and the bags.. Never got a Pendleton but one day :lol:  My larger Medicine bag is asimilar size to Maikens its hide anf hand painted and decorated by me a few years back. it hold my tobacco for offerings..It really is best to try and make your own..

It's always best to make your own if you can. I agree. 

1/31/2017 6:38 pm  #16

Deb they are cute the only trouble with them will they close securely so you dont drop anything out of them.but they are nice and if you havent got time to make your own they will be good to use

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

Board footera