Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/07/2017 5:24 pm  #1

The seems to be dissent in the camps...

I heard today from a reputable sourse that the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe are making moves to close down certain Water Protector camps.... The SRST have had an 'Unofficial Tribal councik meeting'!! Interesting how a council meeting can make a decision and a statement when it was not an 'Official nmeting' but they did relate this to the media and the council chamber was virtually empty only 5 council members present, nospokes persons from the affected camps were invited to speak..hmmm.
It seems that the Ocet Sacred Stone Camp  is to be closed down..  Well that is the proposal by the SRST and they want to sieze all the donated funds from that camp.. and others it seem,.to pay off SRST Debts!!!!  

That is a disgrace,Sacred Stone Camp is on land owned by La Donna..., they raised their own donations and used their funding to winterize the camp and provite portable toilets and improve sanitation and for provision of accomodaton, kitchens and firewood etc.

Now SRST say they want them to close the Sacred Stone camp as the land s on a'Flood plan'!!!... This is rather improbable considering the temperatures there ar minus 50f...    As any water would be ICE!!!  The SRST say they are concerned that trash and sewage from the camp will contaminate the water by flooding it into the river... 

Kimda hard to believe seeing as that is frozen solid too. The Toilet facilities are pumped out daily and trucked away, so how is that affecting the water..
The last thing the Water Protectors camps should be doimg is money grabbing from each other...

Immeadiately under the video was an advertisement  again asking or people to buy a tee shirt Supporting the SRST..   Words failme.... 

Where is the unity now.?. What about the hundreds of water protectors who face trumped up felony charges.. They need Legal representation and they will not get a fair trial in Morton County.
They cannot get legal representation from out of state for these people as they said each lawyer can only represent 3 people and they won't allow' Out of State Representation' ..  This is where the money needs to be spent.. Not paying off Standing Rocks so called Debt.. Which are of course 'Undisclosed'..  My Heart is heavy that it has come to this..http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/sad.png

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (1/07/2017 5:34 pm)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

1/08/2017 8:49 am  #2

Re: The seems to be dissent in the camps...

Your posts fits the forum "Money and the NDN". Traditional ways are lost when it comes to money. Money was not part of the way of life for our ancestors.

1/08/2017 11:29 am  #3

Yes I know exactly what you mean,it is a shame that this kind of thing is happening, its a smoke screen masking the real reasons...

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

1/08/2017 1:18 pm  #4

Money as always brings out the worst in people, and this just brings that fact very loudly into the light.
Personally if I could live without it I would, I do trade / exchange as much as I can where I can but not all people are open to that idea or way of living and its a bit hard to pay the utility bills etc via trade or exchange.

I do find it interesting that this meeting doesnt seem to have been well atteneded and  that it was held as unofficial that alone makes it seem very dubiouse, and agreed Star any moneys that were raised should be going to help those caught up in the nitemare of trumped up felony charges.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

1/08/2017 3:22 pm  #5

Nothing surprises me anymore regarding the Natives treatment if they cant be exploited they are of no use,make money out of them putting them on show like pupppets,then they are like gold dust/its long been said that money is at the root of all evil and its true

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

1/11/2017 11:48 am  #6

I agree Native Spirit.. It seems an attendee at the meeting filmed it on their device and it was a long video. I watched it all and I was really shocked.. I have chaired meeting inmy professional career for many years and I have never seen anything like it or how a decision could be made orn such a half aesed and incorrect assumption.
Legally I think it will be challenged as it borders on 'Embezelment, misapproriation of funds'.. The Law on this kind of thing is pretty international..  Make me wonder what else is occurring..
http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/sad.png

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (1/11/2017 11:50 am)

Nicholas Black Elk

Board footera