Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/20/2016 10:20 pm  #1

Been gone for a bit! Back now!

Hey everyone! Had to go away for a bit. Was working on my archaeology thesis on a landscape study of Irish arrowheads! Now I just have to wait until Feb. or March for the results... http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/errr.png

It sure is good to be back into our crazy States! hahahaha http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/stoned.png

12/21/2016 2:00 pm  #2

Re: Been gone for a bit! Back now!

Welcome back, sounds like you had an interesting time, I hope that your results are good. I'm taking by the way you wrote your post that you visted Ireland and I hope that you enjoyed your visit here.

Ireland has some great places and people and an interesting history. I'm Canadian First Nations but now live here in a house that was built  over 200 yrs ago from the remains of an old Castle. Some of the walls here are 4 to 6ft thick stone and there are standing stones and stone circles on the land here so from time to time I come across or uncover some interesting things. not intentionlly but when working around the place.

Let us know how your results go.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

12/21/2016 2:41 pm  #3

Hope you get the results you are after

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

12/21/2016 10:31 pm  #4

Maikan wrote:

Welcome back, sounds like you had an interesting time, I hope that your results are good. I'm taking by the way you wrote your post that you visted Ireland and I hope that you enjoyed your visit here.

Ireland has some great places and people and an interesting history. I'm Canadian First Nations but now live here in a house that was built  over 200 yrs ago from the remains of an old Castle. Some of the walls here are 4 to 6ft thick stone and there are standing stones and stone circles on the land here so from time to time I come across or uncover some interesting things. not intentionlly but when working around the place.

Let us know how your results go.

Thank you Ya I really enjoyed it! However, I did not enjoy the mold! haha. They really do have an interesting history with some of it dating further back than the Great Pyramids of Giza! I was fortunate enough to visit most of the island in my two year stay and see some of those castles and standing stones you mention! Apart from being in the historical archaeology (I deal with the prehistoric) they were interesting to see and learn about. We had to do a in-field presentation and I got three churches haha. Outside of archaeology (sort of) is the Giant's Causeway. Have you been able to visit yet? 

12/21/2016 10:32 pm  #5

Native spirit wrote:

Hope you get the results you are after

Ty!

12/22/2016 2:07 pm  #6

I visited the Giants Causeway many moons back and plan to make another visit sometime in the next few yrs. I'm about as far south west from it as you can get lol.

My next big trip is planned for next year and its back home as I've been away for far to long.

Saying that the pre christian history here is facinating, and there are some very interesting things recovered from the bogs around here from time to time.

Last edited by Maikan (12/22/2016 2:09 pm)

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

12/23/2016 9:37 am  #7

Sowhere is home then Maikan? I thinkI need a vacation to get over the last one.. Might ventured back to Canada but not sure where exactly avoiding the cities etc.. The Rockies were really great...

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

Board footera