Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/05/2016 12:14 pm  #1

Weird Or What?

How does Science differ or blends with spirituality. How does the scientific method help or hinder spiritual development? Post any threads on all scientific subjects. How weird can we get? No limits but the Outer Limits!

7/06/2016 3:42 pm  #2

Re: Weird Or What?

Well Science has been trying to prove or disprove of an after life for a long time.scientists look at it determin one way or another,and expect people to follow what they say.
all i can say is i follow my own path i dont try to persuade anyone to believe in spirituality they have to find out for themselves,i was born with my abilities i dont know any different , to me spirituality is a way of life even though it is now recognised as its own religion. in my case i have not had an easy life been called names all my life for my beliefs and what i do,had 3 nde and 31 surgeries spirituality is living your life in your belief,which i always have done.and i never advertise what i do either.here they are trying to bring in a new law that says any psychic or medium who gives advice to anyone and it doesnt come to pass,can be sued for false information,this is a EU ruling all i can say is thank the lucky stars we are out of the eu,is all i can say,

Namaste

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

7/08/2016 10:53 am  #3

Strange how politics and spirituality interact. That is why I can not understand why SF banns political discussion. I hope you are healthy now.

7/08/2016 1:55 pm  #4

Yes im fine now thanks and spirituality and politics do interwine im only a mod on sf i refused to become an admin but since a lot of the good admins have left they had to choose two more , we used to have a lot more Natives on there but whatever they posted was ignored for the most part,i used to answer a good few of them but they got fed up.the only Native ?? that i was glad to see go from there was my friend and yours.

Namaste

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

7/21/2016 2:51 am  #5

Ahh yes Sf sure does have some issues, as you say its sometimes hard to split Spiritual and Political so its silly to try n stop people talking about it.

I been an Sf member since before the first crash so have seen a lot on that forum. I do post in the Native section periodically but do get a bit fed up at times of the same questions being asked etc. As if people haven't checked out a few pages back to see if the points have already been raised or not.

I have some good NDN friends off line who are Medicine Carriers in there own right for there various people and who used to be members on Sf but due to various things that happened and upset them they decided to leave.

Some have been outright attacks by other members questioning there Nativeness for want of a better term. A lot of this went on via PM's but despite being reported wasn't really dealt with by the then admin so they understandably left. Its a shame as the Native section lost quite a bit when they went.

As for me I mostly hang out in the chat room these days if I'm on Sf but would really like to be involved with a NDN / spiritual based chat room again just without the nastiness that can sometimes be in them.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

7/21/2016 9:03 am  #6

Nastiness is based in ignorance. Most accusations I seen are based solely in ignorance, Donald Trump got a big mouth, but knows little. Same in true in internet chat rooms and forums. Read my post under "books" that is about the book "Seven Arrows".

7/21/2016 5:31 pm  #7

I will do n I have the book.http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png

7/24/2016 5:14 pm  #8

Thunderbow wrote:

Strange how politics and spirituality interact. That is why I can not understand why SF banns political discussion. I hope you are healthy now.

Yes well My sucessful thread about the Canadian apology for the Indian schools etc was closed off.. Too politicall, I was quite offended and still the thread was closed.. It was an honest and truthful thread too..

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

7/25/2016 1:45 pm  #9

I remember your thread, its a darn shame when something is spiritual and culturally important that it can be discussed because it also can fall into the line of Political.

My family still live with the scars of what happened in the Canadian Indian Schools. Some of my relatives we will never find the remains of. They even effected my life thankfully I'm from the last generation that had to deal with the direct results, unfortunately though in reality much of it still go's on under the guise of Adoption to non Native people, which was one mess personally I'm still coming to terms with.  It will take my people many, many generations to heal from this.

Sometimes as unsavory as it may seem a truth needs to be outed and talked about including the spiritual and political aspects of it. Its often the only way that healing from these events has a way of starting.

7/25/2016 3:25 pm  #10

I know exactly what you mean as I have two Cherokee friends who were both Adopted off the Rez, one was a baby and thee other was about 4... The younger of the two girls was lucky in that She said she could not have chosen better parents if she tried. But she was robbed of her culture and language,her name, her relations,No one to teach her  the ceremonies and the ways of life of her people. She  is still suffering the persecution and fear. She has denied her roots for she lives in Texas and the KKK still operate!!!  
  The other lady was taken from the Rez aged 4 and was adopted by a German couple so livedin Germany for many years..She did find out about her Cherokee heritage, she found her birth mother who still lives on the Rez, sadly her sis was killed at a protest meeting re AIM...She is in the uk now too fearful to go back to the Rez.

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (7/26/2016 6:52 am)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

Board footera