Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/16/2016 12:28 pm  #51

Re: How does one heal?

Seems like there was some warning flags. Next time you come out to Indian lands, be self reliant. Have your own vehicle and lodging. Never be dependent on others for that. Navajo lands have excellent motels and hotels for the tourists. The main highways are well maintained. Never ever stay with someone you have not meet personally live.Never drive into back areas without permission. Always give yourself some protection by being self reliant.

12/16/2016 1:21 pm  #52

Yes Wise words there but currently I cannot drive in the USA as I cannot drive at night and even being a passenger recenly out there was hair raising. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/shocked.png
I have been to Navajo lands twice now and always felt at home..I usually travel with others but this time I was alone. My first solo trip since my partner pete passed in july. The trip was his idea for me to do afterwards... In a way that fact hurt the most... That I was not able to carry out his last wish.  Sorry I just edited the previous post and added to it.

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (12/16/2016 1:23 pm)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

12/16/2016 4:39 pm  #53

You have learnt a valuable lesson here one where you will not repeat .you need to take time out now to replenish your own Healing and well being.anybody can fall into this trap especially Healers because you just strive to help others.
your own well being comes later.i know i have been guilty of this.
but you have learnt and with every lesson comes knowledge.

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

12/17/2016 8:32 am  #54

As an Medicine Man, I learned that helping and healing another person is a two way street. You learn from them as much as they learn from you. True Healing always is this.

In our contemporary culture, healing is viewed as working on someone and fixing them as if they are a automobile. This is what modern doctors do. They do surgery, prescribe medication, order tests, and do this and that on their patient. The patient expects the doctor to heal them with no effort on their part. Have surgery and pop pills, that is all they need to do.

In Traditional Native American Healing, both the Medicine Man (Doctor) and the patient have to be involved in the healing process. Thus in reality, both the doctor and patient learn and heal. From each healing a Medicine Man does he/she learns from it. The patient has an active part in their healing and work with the Medicine Man with the healing process. The Medicine Man does not just work on the patient, but also learns from the patient. For the patient can also be a teacher.

Last edited by Thunderbow (12/17/2016 8:38 am)

12/17/2016 9:30 am  #55

Thank you Native Spirit and Thunderbow for your replies..
Actually modern day surgical care in the uk is similar in that the Docto does the surgery, the Patient signs the consrnt form and also is given a Healing contract. In that, they are expected to comply with the Drs instructions and to take medication correctly, attend all appointments and do the Physiotherapy. They have to agree before surgery takes place.. So they take an active part imwanting to be healed..Itis awritten contract.

Complimentary Therapies such as Reiki Healing, Reflexology etc have their own Code of Practice and Ethics, which meansif they want us to work on restoring them to health they have to be assessed, to see if it is suitable and safe for them and they may if present sign a consent form also. 
For Distance work its a little different, in that we rely on the honesty of the patient to tell us of the actual problem to be healed. But of course we have no way to know if they are being truthful.
There are consequences to them is they fail to reveal something valid.  
I can do Reflexogy on someone hands on ok, I can lower their High Blood pressure and also their blood suga , among many other physiological changes..
Similarly with Reiki, we ask that they are Sober and drugfree, the reason is that Healing is a two way street, if I carry out Reiki on someone who is drunk or drugged part of this situation will affect me too.
I would never carry out any healing or treatment if I was under the influence of alcohol or drugs as it could affect my patient.
Reiki involved taking in part Negative energies from the patient and disposing of it and replacing it with Healing energy.   So it can be a risk for the Healer if people are not honest....

I hope this will enable you to also have a clearer perspective on how we do it...  I am still working with friends from the area I was in Texas, but I am asking that they must be free of recreational drugs and  sober at the time.. So far so good. But Iamnot doimg any ergy workfor the ones I stayed with.

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (12/17/2016 9:42 am)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

Board footera