Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/18/2016 5:36 pm  #11

Re: NAI History, Culture and Spirituality..

My friend set up a fund for a centre  where Native children and adults could go to the only way to keep it open was by funding, i supported it many times when i could.the elders would teach the youngsters about different things about the tribe. with funding she  managed to keep it open a few more months. before the funding stopped then it had to close.the money raised that was left over was split between two reservations
 so they saw some benefit from it.
 it was an important place for the Natives to gather to teach their histories to the younger generation

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

11/20/2016 7:19 pm  #12

My buddy from Lame Deer Rez set up a small native craft workshop where the young can go to learn the ways that traditionally would have been taught to them by their Elders.. I think this is a good project and if it given just one young person a reason to carry on that is good. Teenage suicide is endemic and its heart breaking..

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

12/08/2016 2:35 pm  #13

Been up to the rez here and although they have nice woven blankets I cannot fit ine in my baggage as I have been given some ndn  heads made of soap stone and hand painted, so I need to get them home in one piece. Someone else I had helped with Reiki wanted to give me an anttique whores bath lol, I know it dates from the saloon girl era of the 1800;s I said no you need to keep this safe its valuable...  So they have, but it was a lovely thought even if I do not know any whores lol..http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

Board footera