Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/11/2016 11:39 am  #1

NAI History, Culture and Spirituality..

Some of you might know I have been studying a lot lately, more of a refresher really.. I do occasionallly Lecture on the above subject matter..
Today I  gave one of those lecture.. The venue was full..  I took so much with me for people to see anf handle I even made Navajo Fry bread for them to try and the reasons why it is still made today..
I took so much with me lol..I hope I gave a good honest account of how the NDN has been abused for the last 500 years and even slipped in a bit about the Dakota Access Pipeline Protest too..
I donate my entire fee to the Friends of the REz charity and I even got extra today by a voluntarly donation.. I added it all up and then converted it to US $81.50...  For an hours lecture that is good...  
I was advised to take business cards with me, which I did and several people from other groups want to book it for their clubs etc...  All more money raised goes  for the rez..  50% to Lame Deer in Montana and the other 50% to Pine Ridge ...

I can now breathe... until the next time..http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (10/11/2016 11:45 am)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

10/11/2016 1:48 pm  #2

Re: NAI History, Culture and Spirituality..

Well done star the more people know about the plight of the Natives hopefully the more will be done to help them

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

10/11/2016 2:36 pm  #3

Thanks, all I can do is keep highlighting the injustice and abuse and the lack of Human Rights.. Wish Russel Means was still around...http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/depressed.png

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

10/11/2016 4:48 pm  #4

His spirit would be there with the Natives at little rock right now

10/12/2016 7:06 am  #5

I am sure he is and I understand his widow visited Standing Rock too, she is of the same heart as he was..

Nicholas Black Elk

10/12/2016 1:49 pm  #6

Yes she was the friend that lives there was telling me Russels wife was there

10/15/2016 5:08 am  #7

I  read that they are gearing up for winter.. I think they know what they are in for being in an exposed site. They took delivery of 1000 bales of straw to create wind breaks for the Medical & Healing centre.. Keeping warm and fed and hydrated is an ongoing logistical problem.. The Morton Police are now wanting to cut off the water supply to the camp!!!..  That is low of them, but can we really expect them to act honorably... I hope the people bring in water by tanker..  I am afrain I have zero trust in the so called Justice system...  As is there seems to be a core of really dishonourable devious liars who masquerade as Police etc.. Giving the whole system of justice a bad name...  Guantanamo Bay all over again... 500 + so called Treaties all over again... Not worth the paper they are wrtten on..

Nicholas Black Elk

10/15/2016 1:17 pm  #8

What do you really expect they have broken every promise made to the Natives, obama isnt interested he is soon to be out of the white house.and no other politician is going to stick to the promises made either.
they want the land they are going to take it just like before. no matter what the lands mean to the Natives they think they can walk over everyone.
 but the time will come where the world will see what the Natives have had to put up with because of treaties not held to but its like i always say What goes around Comes around and the winds of change will come

10/15/2016 2:42 pm  #9

I expect better, I expect honesty and honour... But know its a two way street..We can only speculate as to the future.. But it will come to a head...and soon..

Nicholas Black Elk

11/18/2016 3:08 pm  #10

Thr Friends of the Rez charity that I have been supporting for years is to close at the end of the year, sad but true.. They have split the cash in hand between the school on the Lame Deer Rez and sent the balance to the Standing Rock NODAPL cause.

Nicholas Black Elk

Board footera