Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/04/2016 3:46 am  #1

Wanting to heal

Greetings!
I found Thunderbow again!  I missed seeing him around SF and wondered why the Native American Forum has been dead for the last few months.  Sometimes you have to follow the lightning http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/cute.png
.  That said, I've been going through some changes lately.  We had another baby and this new addition into our lives has caused me to reflect on myself.  I am a nurse and I guess that might fall into the category of a healer as I help those who are sick or have had surgery.   Recently I noticed I was getting more bitter with work and getting more cynical and negative.  I've done my best to re-examine my attitude and change to a more positive outlook.  I've started Cross Fit to get into shape, finished my Bachelor's Degree, and spend more time with my children.  I feel kind of flat however.  I am not having many dreams, It is difficult for me to feel, and I mean really feel anything other than anger when I get upset.  I have long desired a connection with others but this is elusive to me and I feel it is because I need to deal with issues within before I can really connect without.  I have begun to meditate again, but I still don't feel much of anything when doing that.  I feel sort of cut off from my feelings like my heart is closed.  My heart wants to open up and experience joy but I am not feeling it.  I have begun to trace some of my flaws like tracing from the leaf on a tree down to the root.  I have come to what I think is the root of some of my past issues, but don't know what to do with them once I have found them.  Any advice would be helpful!

11/04/2016 1:44 pm  #2

Re: Wanting to heal

Hello and Welcome.. Yes we did not feel comfortable on SF after a phase of censorship and bullying.  I experienced the former but not the latter. In these uncertain time for indigenous people we need to feel we can say what the current issues are, without fear of the thread being locked off cos we spoke the truth..

Well done in juggling work family and new baby..  What branch of nursing were you in? I was  Sister in the ICU and also a Midwifery Sister on the community..  Now I am principally a Complementary Therapist, doing mainly Healing and Reflexology.http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (11/04/2016 1:46 pm)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

11/04/2016 2:11 pm  #3

Hi Seekerofsolace.

Its nice to have you here

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

11/05/2016 8:26 am  #4

Welcome to out Forum, Seeker http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/rambo.png
. This your forum as well. Your depression is probably medical. Talk to your doctor. Feel free to direct other SF members here as well. We got some some excellent Healers here, who can be of some help to to you and them.

Last edited by Thunderbow (11/05/2016 8:27 am)

11/06/2016 2:22 am  #5

Oki and welcome to the forum.

You've had a lot of changes in a short time and having a new baby does causes all kinds of changes both with in you physically and with everything around you. Make sure you give yourself some time and TLC as well. The negativity that your feeling may well not all be down to you, a lot could be what your sensing and feeling around you especially at work,  as having a baby also opens you up energetically and allows you to feel / sense more. One thing I would suggest is smudge yourself down regularly as that can help.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

11/07/2016 3:04 am  #6

I am on medication for depression and anxiety.  I tried to get off of it, but the panic attacks came back, so I had to go back on.  After some contemplation, I have come to a conclusion that I need to connect with myself before I can connect with others.  Maikan, what would you suggest smudging myself down with?  I am unfamiliar with the practice but am open to learning.  Star Wolf, I work in medical surgical nursing.  I deal with people coming from and going to surgery.  We really see all kinds of patients however.

11/07/2016 3:18 pm  #7

You should only come off prescribed medication with your doctors knowhow.you have to wean yourself off them slowly.its not unncommon for people to need to go back on medication especially depression medication because the side affects can be just as bad,
 as for smudging you can use smudge sticks you can buy these from any spiritual shop newage shops or the internet.
the traditional way is to use an Abalonie shell or a clay pot light the smudge sticks you only need the smoke .to cleanse your home you go into every corner of every room.whilst saying a prayer it gets rid of negativity.to cleanse yourself you will need another person with you.because you start from the bottom of your feet to just above your head.front and back of your body.

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

Board footera