Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/26/2016 5:56 pm  #1

This sounds far fetched

I was on a spiritual site i go on and a member was saying that a church in Oregan had said anybody who was overweight or obese as they called it.was not welcome in the church and gave a description on how people were to dress in order for them to be excepted, because they came under critisism for it they retracted their decision,anybody else heard about this

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

10/27/2016 4:28 am  #2

Re: This sounds far fetched

I am not of their religopn but the facy someone even said this let alone made it known to the parishoners is truly unchristian and disgraceful..  I think if I was a church goes which I am not, I;d give this place a wide berth on priciple and in solidarity to those it turned away...  I would hope something has been done to remove the Cleric or who ever came up with this....
I would think this is highly illegal..

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

10/27/2016 9:40 am  #3

I am not familliar with this case, but it just goes to prove that religion is all about control

10/27/2016 3:07 pm  #4

Yes Thunder Bow is totally agree with you

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

11/03/2016 6:06 pm  #5

Native spirit wrote:

I was on a spiritual site i go on and a member was saying that a church in Oregan had said anybody who was overweight or obese as they called it.was not welcome in the church and gave a description on how people were to dress in order for them to be excepted, because they came under critisism for it they retracted their decision,anybody else heard about this

That is a sad thing if its true. I hope it is not.

8/22/2017 6:05 am  #6

Some faith communities  are unaware of discrimination in their policies and guidelines that instead of inviting people to faith they don't know they are kicking them out.

It's saddening that some thought that churches are only for the holy ones,

Last edited by Aurora Borealis (8/22/2017 7:06 am)

Board footera