Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/24/2016 11:12 am  #21

Re: Bakken Pipeline....

When you think how in need some of them are, they can hold their heads up hig and say they acted with honour in the face of Oil Company Dishonour..

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

9/29/2016 10:11 am  #22

Yesterday was very bad on the protest front, The Military used Sonic weapons against the people and when that failed they dropped Tear Gas among them... But the Wind blew it away from them..

The Police have sprinked their own people in to the Protest camp and they have been passing on information to the Police and Military as to what the protesters are about to do next..
 Some  of these Infiltraters are inciting the NDNs to carry guns, where before it was just banners and' Coup sticks'..  This is going to get far worse and blood will be spilt very soon...
We do not want a third 'Wounded Knee'..

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (9/29/2016 10:13 am)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

9/29/2016 12:40 pm  #23

I know someone who has been protesting there along with her husband and she was saying the supposed people in authority don't care if there are kids involved either

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

9/29/2016 3:30 pm  #24

Yes that is true also.. The majority of protesters are unarmed peaceful people but the ones planted will be the root cause of trouble..

Nicholas Black Elk

9/29/2016 7:06 pm  #25

This is so common in modern times. It is the police who are trespassing.This kind of nasty stuff will never end.

9/30/2016 8:04 am  #26

Star Wolf Medicine Woman wrote:

I only found out about this today..  Its a massive  Crude oil pipeline to be constructed and buried underground for a distance of 1,137 miles in legnth..It is causing a massive ruckas because the oil  pipe line will rip thru Lakota burial grounds...   
The Lakota Nation has appealed to the United Nations over this issue and The Court of Human Rights...   As well as the main pipe line there will be feeder pipelines from the various oil feild running into the main one like viens on a leaf...  Imagine the destruction and the torment all in the name of big business...aka Greed.. and yet another knife in the back for the NDNS..  This project has been going since 2014 yet its been very quiet...This is not good...

Thanks for sharing. My girlfriend has been bringing this up but didnt know the details. Some of her friends made the trip from california to give supplys they said. Meat and other food.

I haul food all over the country as a truck driver. Without diesel to put in my truck everybody goes hungry. So i understand the importance of keeping prices reasonable. With that said though sacred land or native land shouldnt be an option unless the natives all agreed to it imo. I dont personally see how it can be seen as ok without permission.

9/30/2016 8:44 am  #27

Thanks for your post and yes of course we need diesel but this is crude oil.. There have been thousands of leaks from that. pipeline , leaks that the company concealed.. The effects on the environment may have been concealed but the pollution is still evident.. The water supply is being deliberatly either polluted or sold by people like Nestle bottling water and then selling it back to the people at high costs, when indirectly they are just as guilty..Its all about greed and profit...
Cynics say this kind of thing has happened to sacred lands and native people for centuries, but the time to stop this happening is now... The more help and publicity this and other issues get the more publicity that will force change...It is a kind deed to deliver supplies to help...
 As long as the actions of unscrupulous people do not inflame the situation for their own ends..

Nicholas Black Elk

9/30/2016 9:14 am  #28

Star Wolf Medicine Woman wrote:

Thanks for your post and yes of course we need diesel but this is crude oil.. There have been thousands of leaks from that. pipeline , leaks that the company concealed.. The effects on the environment may have been concealed but the pollution is still evident.. The water supply is being deliberatly either polluted or sold by people like Nestle bottling water and then selling it back to the people at high costs, when indirectly they are just as guilty..Its all about greed and profit...
Cynics say this kind of thing has happened to sacred lands and native people for centuries, but the time to stop this happening is now... The more help and publicity this and other issues get the more publicity that will force change...It is a kind deed to deliver supplies to help...
 As long as the actions of unscrupulous people do not inflame the situation for their own ends..

A barrel of crude makes about 12 gallons of diesel and 19 gallons of gasoline. But it sounds like with all the problems of pipeline leaks there better off just going by train or truck. When a truck rolls over hauling hazmat(which includes oil and other flammables) it is cleaned up immediately. Accidents are reported by the highway patrol and so there isnt a way of getting out of the clean up. Plus we are now talking about many trucking companies and not just one company. So roll overs are spread out over many companies. So way less likely for ajy of them to come up with a scam to save a few bucks over a truck or two.

9/30/2016 11:49 am  #29

Yes and I got a message from  my buddy on the rez, he says the train goes right by the side of therez the  i90 and the train pulls lots of trucks full of oil tanks..  So yeh they can go by road and rail, but the company just wants to move more oil  quicker..= Greed..
I just heard that Un peace keeping force is being deployed in Texas and Virginia and who knows where else next.....

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (9/30/2016 11:54 am)

Nicholas Black Elk

9/30/2016 3:37 pm  #30

It seems Facebook are now deleting activists off the group and that is censorship... They have also diabled the videos posted by the news and the peoples media and other natives..They confiscated mobiles and deleted images, that is 'Tampering with evidence in my book!!!

Nicholas Black Elk

Board footera