Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/25/2016 12:20 pm  #1

This is for all of us....

There was a time, when man took no more than he needed,
That time has gone.
There was a time when he gave something back,
That time has gone.
There was a time when he worshipped the Creator and honoured  creation,
That time too has gone.
And now the waters are Polluted, our natural resources all but gone,
It is time to find our way back to the Earth.

From a Lakota Nation Tee shirt, I bought in Turtle Island..

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

9/25/2016 1:20 pm  #2

Re: This is for all of us....

So many truths are spoken here

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

9/25/2016 2:57 pm  #3

Then we must break free and recognise what we all need to do... If we don't make the right choices, it will not be a green earth with good people living in harmony, it will be a ball of dust.

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (9/25/2016 2:58 pm)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

9/25/2016 9:16 pm  #4

The wake up call is coming.

People do not remember words as much as they remember experiences. 

9/26/2016 3:10 am  #5

I do not have any extremes of emotioms over this,for negativity draws negativity...
I am saying we should each of us recognise that we need to put in place now all that we can to prevent the deteirioration  of the environment. We can lead by example, individually and globally for if other see the impact that we can make to change, they will change..It is supply and demand..  No point in supplying what the consumer refuses to buy.
The biggest enemy is the impact of Greed, of wanting to take more and more.
  Remember the mass slaughter of the Bison, they were not killed for meat or for the other 99 uses a Bison had, but it was for just the furs.. They also knew they could force those dependant on the Bison for food, to have to move on. Impact of change in that fact is very well known.

We talk of Fish only being taken from a 'Sustainable source'.  Which basically means the boats have to go soo far from shore to find the fish.  It means only using certainwood that can grow back fast..
It means small things like not buying products that have propellants with CFC's in them.
It means buying more  Electric cars and less polluting ones..You know the kinds.

The world markets are consumer led, so if we make the choice 'Not to buy' and 'Not to patronise' then these big companies will not be able to off load their polluting products. We can hit them where it hurts, in their profits.

So we do have the power to educate and change, what ever we do will have a larger impact. But we all have to be committed to do this, not leave it in the hope someone else will do it.

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (9/26/2016 3:26 am)

Nicholas Black Elk

9/26/2016 8:48 am  #6

Night-swimmer wrote:

Star Wolf Medicine Woman wrote:

Then we must break free and recognise what we all need to do... If we don't make the right choices, it will not be a green earth with good people living in harmony, it will be a ball of dust.

​Or act with individual responsibility for both our loves and our hates, to recognise our own positives, but also to own the negatives that are our own too.  

You must be a Powerful Warrior.

http://stormrunneraz.tripod.com/bow_warrior.jpg

Board footera