Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/17/2016 10:36 am  #11

Re: I'm excited!

It was a beautiful day a couple days ago here. Did not want to go to work. Just wanted to stay outside under the scattered clouds and cool weather; Maybe 73 degrees. 

People do not remember words as much as they remember experiences. 

9/17/2016 11:39 am  #12

87 degrees out side here, with clear sky. 16% humidity at 11:30am. ...and I do not have to go to work.http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

9/17/2016 12:04 pm  #13

Wearing sun glasses protects your eyes from harmful UV light.. I spent too much time out in the sun sailing and I was told that was why my cateracts came up so fast..  I have to wear them now as everything is  glaringly bright now..  So how do you survive the desert weather?? Apart from drinking lots of water..http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (9/17/2016 12:05 pm)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

9/17/2016 12:29 pm  #14

I work in side 40 hrs every week. Even when I'ts 102+ I'm in a 65 degree freezing office. That is why I can't tolerate the hot. I live 1/3 rd of my life in a refrigerator LOL  It's due to management 2 in my old office that kick up the cold because they have to wear jackets. With no concern for anyone else. It's caused many colds one over the years. We have several Assistant supervisors who are 70+ and they wear themselves out walking 10-20 miles a day walking the floor. They're more susceptible to illness. 

I used to have my own office and I could lock the door when I went to lunch or left for the day. 
It was nice, It was small but workable. I had a huge L shaped desk/hutch in the corner. Had a pillar that holds up the place in the center of the room but I loved it. My boss (female Capricorn) was in the office next door. Huge office for one person. We were behind the Spa and closing the door we couldn't hear anything. Must have been soundproof.  GM decided poker should be in our offices so they moved us back to where our supervisors and assistant supers were. My boss took the corner office, nice side just enough for her. Another dept EVS in our dept their manaager who was a man part hispanic and native decided for me to share an office with him so he transformed his EVS storage fofice into our office. Really large. Off-set triangel shape. I had IT put computer outlets with Cat-5 in all the walls so that if need be we could have several desks in there. But just him and I for the time being. He was a great man, he left our dept for HR, then quit. Miss him. He was spiritual and we shared our stories. 

I share my stories at work even if they aren't spiritual and many have come out of the closet or shown interest in what's out there. It was great in that office and I had my L shaped desk. 
Then another manager was put over us from another dept because my boss almost got fired twice. I don't know what the reason was but I do know how she is. I'm extremely patient and utmost a forgiving person. The new manager and my boss they hires someone for her - her assistant manage. Like they need another boss running things. I was kicked out of my office and lost my desk and put in the shift supervisors office. Sharing with EVS/Days/Swing and Grave. I share my 3 desk sized office with 12 people. Why they don't put me in a separate locked office I don't know. I have to have a lock on every drawer and my cabinet. Thursday I forgot to grab my phone charger and cord and it was walked off by someone. Send some energy for me to get a small office to keep things confidential. Even a closet will help. I only have my desk space now.. LOL  

Sorry I can get off track. 

People do not remember words as much as they remember experiences. 

9/17/2016 12:44 pm  #15

I am so glad I took early retirement on health grounds lol...  I'm out of it now and I still do not know how I ever found the time to do two jobs and work all hours to put my son thru Uni without any help from his dad.. And you know that he is hassuch a selective memory.. Getting out of that job was how I came to travel a lot..

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

9/17/2016 1:32 pm  #16

I wish i could go back to work but my arthritis is getting worse not better,i get up in the morning feeling as though i have never been to bed, i got fibromyalga as well as every thing else,
plus if i worked now and someone crossed me they had better make sure they can run because i wouldnt show them any mercy, my daughters are so different the eldest went to uni.i was a single parent because my husband passed away.i gave her a cheque never had a thank you.my second daughter is in uni and she is so different.my youngest
is in collage and she is the same as my second daughter,neither of my sons went,
but oh to live in the heat how lovely get away from the hideous wet stuff all the time

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

9/17/2016 2:33 pm  #17

Well its a bit wet down here the last couple of nights..You could alway move to a warmer climate...Maybe Thunderbow can fix you up with a lodge back on the rez in the warm..
 If I buzz onto amariaca for November I shorten my winter...avoiding a month of cold wet winter..

Nicholas Black Elk

9/17/2016 5:01 pm  #18

You know when i first lost my husband i was making plans to move to the states i got the passport forms done looked into houses over there ,
 the two eldest said the wouldnt go with us but they are old enough to go it alone,
then the other three changed their minds,so we didnt move.
Mac on si lives in pheonix arizona about 5 or 6 months of the year the rest he spends in nottingham where he lives.he has done that for years he lives on a trailor park in arizona, well he did do he may have moved

9/18/2016 5:36 am  #19

Yes its horrid

9/18/2016 10:11 am  #20

Night-swimmer wrote:

Sunshine can come from the heart too though... and then even a grey day has a beauty of its own.

How very true.. I regard each day as a new adventure... Even if I do not leave the house,my pc takes me around the world but its so much different to be there just costs more... Believe it or not it is faster to fly to Greece than it is to get the 40 miles from my house to the airport!!!!

Nicholas Black Elk

Board footera