Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/15/2016 1:01 am  #1

Wild Horse Cull....

I heard a great news item this morning, the planned Wild Horse Cull has been abandoned.
So the horses will be allowed to roam and run free without fear of being killed...to enjoy nature and be free.

I find it quite sad that the Native people were not afforded the same curtesy.... Not to mention the Bison...http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/sad.png

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

9/15/2016 2:20 pm  #2

Re: Wild Horse Cull....

I totally agree

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

9/15/2016 3:10 pm  #3

The Wild Horse I ws referring to, was in North America actually.. But I have heard that the Dartmoor ponies are endangered aspeople donot think they are worth the cost of a round up annually even... I heard of ponies changung hands for a nomial £20    about $26 !!! 
I was sent a vid on Fb today of someplace in the uk wehere hundred of horses and ponies were galloping along a country road it took a good few minutes for them to pass the cameras so there were a huge amount.... Iwonder if it will go viral.

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

9/15/2016 3:19 pm  #4

The gypsy families are always going to markets and buying wild horses and taming them,i know the ones where i live are all well taken care of.and allowed to run on the fields.its lovely to watch them

9/15/2016 3:27 pm  #5

Its not so here its sad they turn out the horses on the marshlands on the north side of the River Thames.. there are all types and the problem is the stallions mate with Shetlands and the foal obstructs and the mare dies.. The Gypsies left them to rot in the fields.. It was my work area and it was awful..

Nicholas Black Elk

9/15/2016 4:12 pm  #6

Good to hear about the cull for now, but there are still thousands in the BLM holding pens awaiting a very uncertain future.  Ive been lucky enough to live where those herds lived free and often saw them, its a sight and memory I will always treasure.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

9/15/2016 5:15 pm  #7

It must be lovely to watch them in their natural Enviroment running free as they should be,
i have heard about the breeding in Dartmore between horses and ponys

9/15/2016 10:35 pm  #8

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb367/sadhbh4/Canada/viewontheranchmustangsinthedistance.jpg

This was the view from my old window, there are two herds in the distance.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

9/16/2016 2:22 am  #9

Wish I could see them....

Nicholas Black Elk

9/16/2016 7:12 am  #10

Beautiful view to have

Board footera