Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/15/2016 2:10 pm  #1

Vision quest..

I'd like to ask if anyone has actually under taken this and if they feel able to share with us, their experiences...  I understand if you feel it is too private but we cannot discus something if we have no experience of it..

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

8/15/2016 2:41 pm  #2

Re: Vision quest..

I havent but  friend of mine used to do them when they went home to canada

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

8/17/2016 10:58 am  #3

I have done several Vision Quests.

8/18/2016 2:17 pm  #4

I don't exactly tend to go and seek a vision they just end up happening to me, usually at the most inexpiable moments. I'm not going into any recent one's here but I'll give you a bit about one that I'm willing to share as it happened to me 20 odd yrs ago. Man was it really that long ago now I'm really starting to feel my age lol.

Back then I lived back home in Canada and for part of the summer months I used to take strings of pack horses up into the Rockies for people or miners who were out way back in the wilds and needed supplies. It was a great job with me n one other person and a string of horses and mules.

Now you have to remember the trails we rode were at the extreme end of things. It was nothing to be on a trail just a bit wider than your horses on the side of a mountain, with a rock face on one side of you and a several hundred foot virtual drop down a rock face on the other. It wasn't riding for the faint hearted. Behind me was a sting of horses and mules with loads packed on them and the other rider was at the end of the string.

On this particular day we were riding back down through a rocky pass and for no reason I just blacked out. It was hot but nothing more than normal, Id eaten and had plenty to drink that day so I wasn't dehydrated, but there I was apparently completely out of it sitting on the back of my horse. Thankfully my horse figured something wasn't right and basically planted himself across the trail so the rest of the string had to stop. as it was a pass they couldn't get around him and my friend had to figure his way through the horses to get to me.

His words were I was there but I wasn't there, basically the lights were on but I wasn't at home. He was NDN and had some idea of where I had gone and what was happening. He ground tied the horses and got me to a safe place then waited until I came back to this reality.

For me I just remembered riding into that pass and it was like the rock walls started moving in n out as if the rock walls were breathing. I then got this feeling as if I was being pulled, then shown a series of things including a Forest Fire an Old Mining town land sliding down a mountain with a load of trees. Next I saw a high mountain clearing with a pool, a group of trees and rocks that were in a specific pattern. And an ancient carved Arrow head in the dirt near the rocks.

I didn't think much of it all at the time, as I was more concerned about the sever head ache I had n getting down to our over night camp before it got dark. We did just make it in time, and untacked then tethered n fed the horses before lighting our fire, feeding ourselves n settling down for the night.

My head was pounding n I had some real crazy dreams that night, apparently I was thrashing about n talking a lot so kept my friend up most of the night,  that Arrow head kept turning up in my dreams as well as some of the other stuff. Next morning we were both the worst for wear and the pack string was more jumpy than usual. We could hear a lot of other wild animals moving about so put it down to the wolves we'd heard for the last few nights probably being on the hunt.

About an hour into the ride I smelt smoke faintly on the breeze so left the pack string and rode off up a ridge for a better look around. Sure enough in the distance there was a forest fire, It was a good 15 miles away and the other side of a river. Even so we altered our route down the mountains to stay away from it and get back to the trail head quicker. Thankfully the packs were empty so the pack string could move easily and relatively quickly.

The route we took back was along an old disused timber road,  we were about 4 hours ride along it when we heard a rumble ahead. Now as far as either of us knew there were no mines ahead of us or even in that area. I rode ahead and found a land slide on top of which were some still half standing buildings of an old Ghost mining town.

We had to back track and take another trail around that land slide and still stay away from that fire. Anyhow the trail we took wasn't even marked on the map but from what we could make out it led down to join the road about 5 miles further down the valley. We were a bout half way when I came across that clearing I'd been shown in the vision.  So I checked the pool and we watered the horses, I then left my friend with the horses whilst I went to find the rocks Id been shown. Sure enough in the dirt lay a large ancient Arrow head.  So I know why I had that vision and why I was shown what I had been.

I was shown in another vision what that Arrow head was for and what I was to do with it. Its now on a necklace that I constantly wear.

Last edited by Maikan (8/18/2016 2:22 pm)

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

8/19/2016 9:04 am  #5

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story with us. You indeed had a vision.

8/19/2016 1:57 pm  #6

From the detail you have given and given that it was 20 years ago, I'd say you had a very valid experience..
You didn't go looking for this but it found you..  In a way your were given a 'Premonition' in order to keep you safe and all along the trail with youf horses and your friend. 

.. The 'Point' you found, you know you can probably date it and find out a bit more.. I am glad you are wearing it too.  If I owned it, I would have tried a bit of Psychometry on it to find out some more...
In the Uk we might have regarded such an item as an 'Apport' which is a gift from spirit and very rare..
The Blaking out  feeling you had sounded to me like you entered a Vortex or Portal and this triggered an 'Altered State or Trance' It does leave you kind of  'spaced out'  for a  long while and any vision you had, will be in your memory.. Some people Trance and do not remember, but for you it was important that you did remember this experience..
 So come on.. what do you all think of this....??

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (8/19/2016 2:03 pm)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

8/19/2016 2:21 pm  #7

I remember when i first did trance it was in the Healing sanctury i could feel the spirit activity around me, when i was pulled up in my chair, i was slouching.and i could feel spirit putting other clothes on me,then i knew nothing for about 30 minutes, it felt like i had slept but apparently my guide came through and starting speaking to the others in the room then a young guy came through the person who was there nearly passed out when she saw him.when i came to everybody was looking at me asking why i didnt say i was a trance medium

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

8/19/2016 2:35 pm  #8

I had the Arrow head dated yrs ago, its unusual in the respects of both size and how near perfect it is.

That was just one of many visions that have come to me over the years, they just come to me I don't seek them. I can remember each one very clearly and in fine detail. That combined with the brighter colors are what distinguishes them from just plain dreams.

I do believe it was a medicine gift from the ancestors and it has a specific role for me at least, I have been bought to many items this way over the years when the Ancestors , Grandfathers n Grand mothers want me to find something. I've kinda gotten used to it now and it no longer surprises me when it happens, if anything I welcome it as It normally brings new things in with it and  changes things around me.

These vision combined with the Medicine Dreams n Journey work help me do what I'm supposed to do for others be it Animal, human or connected to this planet. They always keep me pretty safe as well.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

Board footera