Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/02/2016 3:43 pm  #1

There was a horse I really connected with..

I have to admit I have not even sat on a horse since I was 4yrs old..When I go to Texas in a while I can ride western style which is nothing like English saddles lol, more like sitting in an armchair..

But two years ago I was staying in the Big sky Teepee village in Sussex. We have 8 Lakota teepees, I had to do a Blessing and smudge for the owners. I was in full regalia too.     . Anyway at the top field was this horse, he was pretty old too, a Golden Palamino and I fell in love with him.. He had a glint in his eye and he had the most beautiful long blond eyelashes... Every day he would be waiting for me, he'd trot over to me and nuzzle my ear.. If I walked along by the fence he would follow me and wait patiently for me to come back.  His name was 'Mars' and Marsis the mythical god of war..
I spent 4 days with him and took lots of pics on my phone.. But the phone malfunctions and the repair company wiped my phone of everything... I felt I had lost my friend...  I often think about him..

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (8/02/2016 3:44 pm)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

8/03/2016 12:37 am  #2

Re: There was a horse I really connected with..

Hope you get to visit with him again soon.

I have been lucky enough to have shared my life with many horses and live with quite a few here, they keep me on my toes and very grounded. They teach me many lessons daily and are great a keeping your ego in check lol. Personally to me life wouldn't be right without a horse or two around.

A lot of my work over the years has been rehabbing and healing horses then re training them so they can have a good n useful life before finding them a good permanent home. I sure don't make money at this kinda work, but I do enjoy it and its good to know I can help them in return for what they give me regarding my quality of life.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

8/03/2016 2:40 am  #3

I guess that makes you a 'Horse Whisperer' then.. I loved that movie..
If I ever got back to the Lakota village again, I fear he will have gone.  He was 22 of our years when I last spent time with him.. How long does a horse live.. He was living his retirement days when I knew him... He was very much long in the tooth and he had a curvature of the spine that must have been painful and probably arthritic... I actually did some Healing on him, and he used to come and place his head in my hands.. He was obviously feeling the vibrations...

There have been other horses in my life, my friend had two 'Hunters' she rode them in shows and in  'Point to Point' racesandhunting, before it was made illegal here in the UK.. I used to help cleaning out the stables and brushing them.  She had a black gelding called 'Jet' and he was a beauty but used to charge up the lane at us.. My friend stood her ground as her horse swerved round her.. I did not know this and so as he came at me at full gallp, I dived into the ditch to my left... Unfortunately .It was full of stinging Nettles!!!!  I hurt for a week..    So next time I stood still...

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (8/03/2016 2:49 am)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

8/03/2016 5:41 am  #4

Horses can live well into there 30's. I put my old mare down at the age of 29, she had made her choice n let me know. Other horses Ive had lived into there 30's. I think the oldest was 34 yrs. He came in as part of a cruelty case when i was working at the vets n due to his age I bought him home when he was well enough.

He just bummed around in the pasture keeping the young colts under his close supervision. Lol he could run n play with them but when push came to shove he taught them manners. So he  more than earn't his retirement. Even the little kids used to sit on his back n he would babysit them.  I was honored to have around for his last few years.

Horses respond well to healing of most forms, I heal them as well on all levels. Rather than whisper to horses I just listen to them n figure out n fix whats wrong. Nine times outta ten its a human problem not a horse problem IE it's something that's man made and the horse reacts to it

Stinging nettles in that amount would really be ouch, no wonder you were sore for a week.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

8/03/2016 5:07 pm  #5

We have many horses here our roads were built for horses not cars,as i live in a rural village the roads are very narrow anyway,so a horse is the best way to get about,plus we have a family here. that are all about horses i see them all the time.a trap at the back and off they go,
they have all got 4x4s but they prefer the horses, they are a romany family they have been here years,i remember the great grandmother she lived in a traditional romany gypsy caravan, and at 70  she was still riding her horse,
 i love horses  and they always make a b line for me when they see me. they are very wise animals

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

10/09/2016 1:57 am  #6

Been watching a movie called 'The Horse and the Lion.  This is about a beautiful black stallion that led a wild herd.. Over a period of time he formed a bond with one man. The horse was a real broncing buck and this guy  tamed him. He used something I better Thunder Bow has heard of.. The 'Navajo horse call'... When he spoke to that horse in navajo it calmed him right down.. I would love to know what he said to the horse...
Any one else heard of this.. Magic words maybe http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (10/09/2016 2:00 am)

Nicholas Black Elk

10/09/2016 8:05 am  #7

The 2002 movie "Spirit Stallion Of the Cimmeron" by Dreamworks, is this kind of movie as well.We have many horse calls. The Navajo word for horse is Lii. Pronounced as "Clee".

10/09/2016 11:49 am  #8

Thankyou I will watch out for that movie..I think I heard a lomg phrase... it was the effect on the horse that was remarkable.. I know it was a movie but the horse didn't know that...

Nicholas Black Elk

5/18/2017 10:37 am  #9

Board footera