Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/21/2016 3:10 pm  #1

The so called preachers

I know a site where preaching is the norm its a spiritual site but preaching does go on there a lot,we had one member on there who does nothing but copy and paste,he cant even post his own work.now there is another one doing the same thing,so i asked him to keep his opinions to himself and to stop preaching and again copy and paste,three times i had a go at him he hasnt been back since, its a site i used to go on often now rarely,if the owners of these sites cant stop them when the site fails its no good crying over it,
i follow my own path i dont push my views onto anyone and i expect the same back but that is happening less and less.

Namaste

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

7/24/2016 11:16 am  #2

Re: The so called preachers

Worst thing about them Preachers is that they, post in Catagories in a forum that are not right for their material. I would not mind it if they just stayed in the proper subject area for their material. In this forum, I would create a specific area for their posts, and make sure they stay in that area. Air Thoughts was one copy paste member in SF that invaded Spiritual Inspirations. He was just a spammer.

7/25/2016 5:38 pm  #3

Yes that is so true and he is still doing it

8/08/2016 1:35 am  #4

I was introduced here via Mak and one thing I find out spirituality is that people do get sucked into preachers, or gurus and cling to their every word. As far as I am concerned we all have our own beliefs via our individual experiences that we care to share or not. Often I don't because it only means something to me, and there are too many people willing to bash and challenge.

One should respect opinions, but a forum is to express opinions and discuss them not to preach and tell people x,y or z.

When I see a thread that starts off with, " I'm going to tell you what is..." then I'm off or if it's more than a couple of paragraphs. I'm also skeptical when people quote others, and use them as evidence or start giving a list of books to read. You simply can't learn everything from a book, but it can inspire or provoke thought.

8/08/2016 9:26 am  #5

Ya'at'eeh and welcome to our Forum. Preaching is about trying to control a forum and people. It is all about control and getting attention.

8/08/2016 9:57 am  #6

Oki and welcome to the forum Maverick great to  see you here.

I spent most of my early years being preached at n having the Bible forced down my throat, so I just don't stand for it.
If I come across it on a forum I tend not to read things. But have been known in the past when someone  in particular was constantly doing it on a forum I was joint admin on, I did as admin wanted and politely reminded them everyone was entitled to there own views, and not to force there's on others. When this was ignored hands up I went for the jugular. When they came back n did it again a third time I banned them, from the forum.

They really had upset other members on that forum so I feel  it was pretty much the correct thing to do. I did pull them up off forum via PM and they answered me so I know darn well that they read what I wrote.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

8/08/2016 11:49 am  #7

Hi Maverick   Welcome, Yep the censorship and suppression have gone on since the begining of the year and I honestly didn't think I felt comfortable posting on the Indigenous peoples sub forum..
Ijust did not feel able to post on other areas..
I did find the element of crazies seemed to be on the increase, I gave up on their chat room a long time ago.

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

8/08/2016 1:57 pm  #8

Hi Maverick  Welcome to the site and i echo what the others have said

8/30/2016 4:18 am  #9

Well that site has now got itself three internet preachers and they all copy and paste

8/30/2016 8:49 am  #10

The copy-paste is a way to dominate a forum, with long lines of endless meaningless words. Look at all the wasted space. It is just another way of controlling a forum and getting attention.

Board footera