Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/02/2015 12:28 pm  #1

Videos, Books, and Websites.

Are Plastic Shaman in it for the money? How has money affected shamanism? Are there native plastic shamans? Post a link to a plastic shaman web site, and debate it.

7/03/2016 6:26 pm  #2

Re: Videos, Books, and Websites.

I would like to post to a youtube video if I may... One that talks about White Shamans and Plastic Medicine Men...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19JAMhAzXms

I could only watch about 7 minutes of this before I had to stop for two reasons when the lady was saying that "I use the medicine wheel as a metaphor" and that other than that she doesn't know what it is and what it means. Firstly, I may not have gone on a vision quest myself (I hope to in the future) so that I may know my name but what could be a greater insult to a peoples culture than to pretend? Forget about this being about Native cultures for a minute because this is true for any culture in which you undertake a sacred ritual or belief in POV.

This leads me into my second part. I am an archaeologist as well and I believe that the only way to actually know a culture is to live it, think it, feel it, breath it, sweat it and bleed it. I do not think any person of any color can teach anyone else if they themselves have not been taught correctly. No matter if they are Native American or not because how could they if they do not know the meanings behind the teachings? My hope one day is to actually live with those who can teach me the meanings behind the teachings. Yes, they will most likely be of Native skin but to me personally they could be green or gold for all it matters to me; as long as what I am learning is the true way to be connected with nature, myself and the Spirit.

7/05/2016 11:14 am  #3

You are on the right path. Be aware that some sites want up to $1,700 for their Vision Quests.

7/05/2016 1:33 pm  #4

Thunderbow wrote:

You are on the right path. Be aware that some sites want up to $1,700 for their Vision Quests.

That's horrible... poor people who get duped into believing the lies... I'm not saying I'm perfect (far from it) but come on...

I even refused to go see the Dali Lama when he was in town one time because I thought that he should be teaching for free... Do not get me wrong but I see it as when a person holds the kind of power as a Shaman does or the Dali Lama or the Pope then these people should be supported by those they in turn help (giving of food etc...). Share and share alike!

7/05/2016 2:42 pm  #5

So much is Political. I seen the video on YOUTUBE many times before. This all sounds like some thing Donald Trump would say. In this video they speak from ignorance, just as Donald Trump does.

The book "Seven Arrows" by H. Storm has come under the same kind of attack.:

http://www.psiram.com/en/index.php/Hyemeyohsts_Storm

https://facultystaff.richmond.edu/~rnelson/asail/SAILns/42.html

http://www.spiritualinspiration.org/t8594-vision-quest

Here are some links about the argument about "Seven Arrows"

Notice all comments about the book are all Donald Trump type accusations, with no real facts or information to back them up.

I recommend Seven Arrows as a good authentic book about some of the lost teachings of Plains Indian culture.

So much of the attacks are POLITICAL in nature. Your video link is also political. I do not trust political attacks, be it on a candidate, or a book. H. Storm made money on his book. I think the attacks are motivated by the need for money and control. So much has been lost because of this.

7/21/2016 5:55 pm  #6

Im not a big reader of books the only book i can say i read was about joseph merick ie the Elephant man there are some things written in there that dont ring true to me,but the one that is really hyped up and people think it is about a real Native american is Silver Birch,he is not native or has ever been,he comes through as a guide for a man called Maurice barbanell, he shows himself on the cover on books as Native,but he is not his name is big jump or big jim ,he thought by coming out as native more people would listen to his teachings,
and a lot of people do,the arguements ive had with people over silver birch is stupid,i cant understand how some people are so naive ,

Namaste

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

7/24/2016 11:05 am  #7

I hate to make accusations out of ignorance. I heard of him, and seen a little of him on YouTube. He seems Fake, but I need to read more about him.

8/08/2016 9:45 am  #8

I worked on a spiritual retreat for a few months and we had five different shamans come and do workshops there. One of my friends was doing an initiation training and he wanted to do all of the workshops, but I wanted to do the Stanley Krippner one, but as we were both working only one of us could do it.

In the end he did the one where they built a sweat lodge on the grounds (sadly, they were a bit of a laughing stock as they didn't make a good foundation with the logs and it collapsed  on the first day, no one was hurt) and sold their own brand of chocolate. The members seemed cult like and spent a lot of money following this Shaman and they stayed an extra week to do their own personal workshops. That one seemed commercial versus others who were more grounded.

8/09/2016 3:13 pm  #9

yeah ive heard of this before

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

8/10/2016 12:17 pm  #10

Money and Control. One must be careful when it comes to those "Plastic Shamans".

Board footera