Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/28/2017 11:48 am  #1

Do gem stones have significance for the ndn...

The reason I ask is because for example Navajo jewelry feature Turquoise and mounted on silver mainly as is Zuni jewelry..  But I have a ring I bought about 8 yearsago in Arizona...and an ndn friend of mine saw it and said he did not think it was TurquoiseasIwas told when I bought it, but he said it looked more like Opal...
So does anyone know anything about this kind of thing.. I was toldthat the gem stones have a different meaning...  Any one ???

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (1/28/2017 11:49 am)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

1/28/2017 12:02 pm  #2

Re: Do gem stones have significance for the ndn...

Star Wolf Medicine Woman wrote:

The reason I ask is because for example Navajo jewelry feature Turquoise and mounted on silver mainly as is Zuni jewelry..  But I have a ring I bought about 8 yearsago in Arizona...and an ndn friend of mine saw it and said he did not think it was TurquoiseasIwas told when I bought it, but he said it looked more like Opal...
So does anyone know anything about this kind of thing.. I was toldthat the gem stones have a different meaning...  Any one ???

big difference between opal and turquoise. opal usually looks like it has glitter in it. if you want to know for 100% what it is put a pic up and I'll identify it for ya.  

yes gemstones do have different meanings. I know of turquoise as being a protection gem whilst opal is more about helping you become more happy, healthful and being optimistic. however as with a lot of things different cultures can see it as something different. i hope this helps lol

1/28/2017 12:31 pm  #3

Thank you for the insightful reply.. I did not know of this.. When I met up with my my ndn friends I gave my Crow sister a gold braceltset with Jade... She was so pleased with it.. I was told Jade represented Honesty and honour, but that might be the UK version lol.. I can look for images onlinebut then it doesn't give the ndn meanings..   Thank you for your reply.http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

1/28/2017 12:35 pm  #4

Thank you for the insightful reply.. I did not know of this.. When I met up with my my ndn friends I gave my Crow sister a gold braceltset with Jade... She was so pleased with it.. I was told Jade represented Honesty and honour, but that might be the UK version lol.. I can look for images onlinebut then it doesn't give the ndn meanings..   Thank you for your reply.http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

I know jade to be with balance, peace and wisdom so if you take what you usually get from those things then it would also equate to being honest and having honour for ones self and others

what does ndn mean? I've seen you use it before...

1/28/2017 1:01 pm  #5

NDN is a Thundebow internet tern for indian..

Nicholas Black Elk

1/28/2017 2:55 pm  #6

My grandmother left me a ring when she passed that is silver with a turquoise stone but the stone fell out I know that she had it when she was given it whilst she lived in Arizona,i hate gold jewelry I wont wear it.i only wear silver or white gold.i know that turquoise is for protection.opals I don't like neither do I like pearls.

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

1/28/2017 3:39 pm  #7

I do not like Pearls either even though I was given a strand by my mum years ago, she said that pearls are 'unlucky' so she gave 'em to me !!...

I found out a bit more about the Navajo ring, when I bought it the guy who sold me it said it was made up of 150 different kinds of Turquoise.. which I thought was strange, but I liked it and bought it as it was lighter and less chunky than all the others...So I bought it. Its  silver I think that is traditional, it might be an engagement ring  discovered this evening..  Ifound out that this is a Composite Turquoise ring...
I have worn it for 8 years and well if it is a navajo engagement ring, I might be scaring guys off lol..
I am still wearing it as no one here knows what it might be ...   I love it..

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (1/28/2017 3:44 pm)

Nicholas Black Elk

1/28/2017 4:37 pm  #8

NDN is a Thundebow internet tern for indian..

ty

1/28/2017 4:39 pm  #9

its interesting how history has changed about opals... two here say they dont like em but I think it was the Romans who absolutely loved em... maybe thats why they are bad luck now hahahaha http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/stoned.png

1/28/2017 4:45 pm  #10

Noo its Pearls that are supposed to be umlucky, never heard anything bad about Opals.. lol..

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (1/28/2017 4:45 pm)

Nicholas Black Elk

Board footera