Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/20/2016 1:03 pm  #11

Re: How does one heal?

I remember years ago I went for a reading and the Sensitive said (and others afterwards) that I had healing powers. I smirked and ignored it as I was there to ask about my career and to sort out my love life (neither as I discovered were to be important as I would have liked).

Later I found I could help heal people, and I didn't even try but it happened. Sometimes people meet me and want to hold my hand or hug me (and I'm not a huggy person), but if it helps them.

How do I heal? It varies from charge to charge. Some need a hand to hold, support, and others need more active healing. These days I choose whom I wish to heal, because having the gift doesn't mean you are obliged to heal all.

8/20/2016 5:40 pm  #12

There is more than one way to Heal a person its not all hands on reiki or crystals sometimes the best Healing you can give a person is to be there for them.Listen to them we can Hear but not many actually listen being a shoulder to cry on can be as beneficial as other forms of healing

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

8/27/2016 4:19 pm  #13

Thank you for being a true healer and force in the world. So many people don't ask to be healed because they are not convinced or they can't afford help or they are afraid to ask.

Thunderbow wrote:

Star Wolf Medicine Woman wrote:

In order to be a Healer, you will have experienced healing powers yourself, else how would you be convinced.. I have been healing people for many years yet my first experience of Native Healing was over 4 years ago. I have sight problems and gave up driving for two years for fear of the saftey of others..
I was in Montana with my Northern Cheyenne buddy Jon BearTusk and he told me he had asked the Medicine man at the rez to help me... I felt priviledged... About a year later I was able to drive again..  I think we both know why.. Bear Tusk too has sight problems yet he is an accomplished and renowned Solar Artist. I was pround and humbled to be welcomed into his family..      Since that time I have strived to give sometthing back.. The Rez at Lame Deer was hitby forest fires and 12 fanilies lost everything, We helped re equip those families with essentials andI I  feel as close as any sisiter can get. I continue to help to this day..

Nizhoni

8/27/2016 5:26 pm  #14

Hi ophelia welcome to the site its nice to have you here, going on to the subject of Healing a lot of people dont ask for healing for themselves,because they feel there are people out there that need the healing more than they do, i am a healer but its very very rare that i ask for healing for myself

8/28/2016 12:24 am  #15

Oki Ophelia, Nice to see you've joined the forum, Welcome to the site.

For the last couple of years i've had to concentrate on healing myself more than others. Which is strange as for many years i healed others n never myself. It took me loosing a lung and breaking my back a 2nd time to realize I have to take some time out n work on myself before I could really be of any use to anyone or anything else.

Saying that there are always the odd exceptions, most of my healing has always been animal and land based as opposed to humans, its just where I work best. Its partly down to doing a lot more work with humans that the incidents happened that caused me to get sick anyway. Its sure made me fine tune my skills though.

Animals have a habit of turning up at my door be they wild or tame, I work with both. On the one hand I have vet training as I was a vets assistant for many years on the 2nd I am a traditional Medicine Carrier for my people, So I can work both ways if needed. And this I feel has given me more insight into all levels of healing and just a wider range of ways to work with.

I often have horses here that have been sent to me as a last chance before a bullet, most have had traumatic times at the hands of humans and are often cruelty cases. So it takes a lot of time, sometimes years to bring them back around to trust a human, so time and continuity is one way I have to work with them. Once the physical issues like wounds or starvation are sorted out then trust is established then I can begin to work on the other things. Its not just the physical I have to work with its the mental and spiritual aspects as well. By spiritual I mean the essence of what and who they are. Not in what they believe in as someone said to me recently ! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/nerdy.png

On average its at least a year before I can heal a horse enough and turn it around on every level, in some cases longer, but there is no time limit on it. It takes as long as the horse needs, if I cover some of my costs eventually when I re home them then well and good, but most times I don't. Any new home that a horse eventually go's to is well vetted before hand, and if there are any issues they always come back here and I  re do any work that is needed.  If in the worst case scenario they can't be re-homed because they have become to dangerous due to there fear or they are to damaged , they live here for a while until the time comes to do the honest thing by them, they never leave here and I'm always there with them at the end. Sometimes even after everything I can't heal them all as much as I wish to, that's a simple fact. I can only do my best to help them and sometimes its giving them a happy summer where they are loved, fed and cared for then being honest by them.

One thing is though that my people believe is that you do have to try and find a balance in just how much healing work that you do, as every time you work you pay for it nit the one your helping heal. You pay for it with a little bit of your life force despite using energy from source, so its not something to just give away without thought. Hence in life many Medicine Carriers meet n face there own death head on and end up physically dead and resuscitated. That's a time that we come back with more from the ancestors, its a cycle we repeat several times though out our lives. Each time is the end of a cycle and the beginning of the next one. For me the last time it happened was 2 yrs ago when I died during surgery on my lung.

I had a Medicine Carrier friend from back home come and visit with me for a few weeks after and  he gave me some very good sound advice and some real reminders of things. He also set in motion several key events in my life, some still have to play there way out some have helped me move forwards.  He'll be back at some point in time we both know it as he has work to do with the land in this country.

Some of the wild life that ends up here can prove to be both rewarding and interesting. The current one is Mystic the Jackdaw ( smallest member of the Raven / Crow family). He's currently preening himself next to me, he's one who will have to stay, and is quite a cool dude lol. He'll never fly again as he has half a wing missing. It took some time to heal his physical wounds, but he chose me which helped a lot as we had a connection already to work from on other levels.

Now he's pretty much my constant companion, the other evening he was sitting on my arm whilst I went Blackberry picking, we had a great time as he ate the bugs in the bucket that fell in with the black berries, the Earwigs being his faves. Some visitors arrived to find me buried in the hedgerow after the blackberries with Mystic sitting on top of my head so he didn't get caught up in the bushes. They sat in there jeep just laughing at the sight, but couldn't believe it that when I stepped back outta the bushes n Mystic just hopped down onto my shoulder n then my arm  to go n investigate what else I'd got in the bucket lol.

So healing and medicine work comes in many forms and I just adapt to whats needed when n where. I'll use what ever I need to form my knowledge and energy to do the best I can to help what ever turns up at my door. I'm hidden away up here in the mountains so only those that really need me find there way here, I don't advertise and never charge for anything. That's against everything my people stand for and the work that I do.

Last edited by Maikan (8/28/2016 12:34 am)

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

8/28/2016 9:10 am  #16

Welcome to our forum, Ophelia. True Medicine People are here for you.

8/29/2016 5:46 pm  #17

Most if not all Healers are guilty of this they heal others more than themselves i know im guilty of this it doesnt matter how im feeling,if someone comes to me and needs healing i do it, but for most healers to be Empathetic of others they have suffered to, i remember when i was doing my training we were asked why we wanted to go into counselling, and each one of us needed to give an honest answer.it came to me to answer i said it was a continuation of what i was already doing.
the tutor said i can see that but she said you can reach people on a deeper level than i can you have suffered so much in your own life that you know how people tick. but she also said to me i dont know if its counselling you should be doing or nursing,i said i can combine both.
but like most nurses they make awful patients for me i dont aknowledge that in ill.i would rather heal others,but sometimes you have to recharge your batteries and then its time for self healing

8/30/2016 8:58 am  #18

If you don't take care of yourself first, then you can not help others.

8/30/2016 9:18 am  #19

yes that is so true

8/30/2016 12:02 pm  #20

Agreed and I have relearn't that lesson well. I wont be forgetting it any time soon.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

Board footera