Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/02/2015 12:04 pm  #1

Connection to Nature

How are we connected to nature in the modern world. Is nature just a playground to be exploited? or is it something more?

6/02/2016 4:21 pm  #2

Re: Connection to Nature

I Think this depends on your upbringing i was always taught that if you take anything from nature you thank them for it,you never take more than you need,if you cut down a tree you plant another in its place.we only loan from nature for the time that we are here,we dont own it doesnt belong to any one person.thats my belief

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

6/02/2016 7:41 pm  #3

I long for nature; I work 40 hrs a week in a small room. That is why I decided to get myself outdoors again and build a Medicine Wheel. I feel relief and freedom and peace in my heart when I'm outside with my feet in the dirt (sorry no grass here) REZ weeds. Even on my way to work I take photos on my phone if the sunrise on "burst shots" I get some amazing images in the sky, clouds and sunrise. Which reminds me I need to go and move some rocks in place for my Medicine Wheel. I do it after the sun just goes down over the hill. About an hour left of light. 

People do not remember words as much as they remember experiences. 

6/07/2016 3:55 pm  #4

Feel free to post your photos in this forum. I would like to see them.

6/10/2016 7:22 pm  #5

Ok, thank you. I will do that. Do you have an App for this site that I can use my phone to post?
And do I post those here on this page or start a new one?

Last edited by Native_Past_Life_Spirit (6/10/2016 9:10 pm)

People do not remember words as much as they remember experiences. 

6/11/2016 6:40 pm  #6

I'm lucky as I spend pretty much all my time living out in nature one way or another, Even on my once weekly visits to town I only have to look past the buildings to the mountains or the sea.

I live on a small mountain farm and visit the local coast line and woodland that surrounds me to forage and to just enjoy nature at her best, even just looking out of my window the views are amazing and I never tire of them. I thank the creator everyday foe the fact that I'm placed so well and able to share my life with the animals and nature here.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

6/12/2016 8:26 am  #7

I use an old dusty Lap Top. The quick post box has a photo insert function on it. Best to post your photo on another site you have then insert the link to it here in the photo option. I do not think you can upload a photo to most forums directly. You need to post a link to it in the photo option.

6/12/2016 8:30 am  #8

Maikan wrote:

I'm lucky as I spend pretty much all my time living out in nature one way or another, Even on my once weekly visits to town I only have to look past the buildings to the mountains or the sea.

I live on a small mountain farm and visit the local coast line and woodland that surrounds me to forage and to just enjoy nature at her best, even just looking out of my window the views are amazing and I never tire of them. I thank the creator everyday foe the fact that I'm placed so well and able to share my life with the animals and nature here.

I am out like you. Camping out mostly now, in remote places. Thunders, birds, and smelly Horses LOL. Have Ponderosa Pines in pinion pines here. Rocks, sage brush, and sheep and horse droppings lol.

7/03/2016 7:02 pm  #9

Native spirit wrote:

I Think this depends on your upbringing i was always taught that if you take anything from nature you thank them for it,you never take more than you need,if you cut down a tree you plant another in its place.we only loan from nature for the time that we are here,we dont own it doesnt belong to any one person.thats my belief

With thanks I take 1/3 for myself; leaving 2/3's. For the animals you leave 1/3 and 1/3 for it to return back to nature. That is what I was taught when I took an outdoor survival wilderness class.

8/04/2016 3:51 am  #10

YAY to the horse sweat n dung with that smell around I know that I'm alive lol . I have a small patch of sage brush growing and that has to live inside my poly tunnel. Mores the pity as I love the smell of it but its not to crazy about the amount of rainfall here.

The Bog Myrtle which is the natural equivalent in this country smells great and just grows wild here which is great when I come to gather and dry it for smudge, the two mixed together have a great smell and are a strong medicine. Great for all medicine work.

There are a lot of spruce trees planted here for the logging industry but I'm lucky to have native trees on the land here and even a few ancient Oaks, Rowans and Hawthorns. All Sacred and protected trees that you don't harvest just maintain unless there storm damaged in which case they can be used the same go's for the Yew tree but they don't grow here any more. Apparently they used to be up at the old Rath but the storms here in the mountains are pretty wild and they took the brunt of a few of them.

I wouldn't change living here for anything and there is no way Id live in the city or town, to many people, to much noise and it'd make me sick on every level. Here I live at one with my surrounding's and I work for the land and what is on it, not it work for me. I'm just the caretaker for the generations past, present and future.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

Board footera