Hanblecheya

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2016 5:55 am  #1

Shamanism...

This has been empty for some time and I thought  I'd break the ice... It is said that you do not normally choose the Shamanic path, invariably it chooses you.. I have in the past been involved in a couple of Shamanic practices...

In my case it was at a Mediums conference many years ago, I was introduced to  a workshop on Shamanic jouneying, I was quite unprepared for how it would affect me..  I was flooded with so many power animals it was as though they waited years for me to enter their  realm..

During the process you enter an 'Altered State'.. this is a form of deep trance in which you recieve many visons..  The process might have been only a few minutes yet for me it felt soo much longer.. I was in a state of almost shock after the event and I was so affected by the experience it completely blocked my Mediumship .  Which was really a problem as we were due to do Platform Readings and I felt totally blocked.. Several others were in the same position and left me standing on the podium alone..They fled the auditorium!!
I fought against it and could only do one short reading, but at least I identified my sitter and got a name for him and brought forward his friend who passed in a truck crash..

The next time, I knew what to expect and again it was very powerful but not as devastating as the first time...
It showed other realities, Et's even and opened a door to the 'Akashic Records'....It greatly enhanced my Healing power and for that I and the people I helped are most grateful for.

It is not a path to be taken inadvisedly, not in my case it oened doors and showed me knowledge that I will always have. Feel free to commentor ask and I will try to explain..

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

9/04/2016 2:02 pm  #2

Re: Shamanism...

I too believe the path is predestined and which is why I am perplexed at these workshops by 'genuine' shamans who will train people to become shamans.

I've been denying the path for my own reasons, as I denied my spiritual gifts and path. Being aware is one thing, then choosing to accept and step on that path is another.

9/04/2016 2:06 pm  #3

When you Journey, do you use a drum, or use a guided journey CD ?

9/04/2016 10:54 pm  #4

I either do Journey work with intent and use the traditional drum or the spirits shout loud enough and I just naturally go there as in I slip between the realities and head off into journey work. That can happen by me just feeling a really specific kind of drowsy, I sit down or lay down and just go where I need to. When it happens like this I dont prep for the journey or drum my way there I just go there.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

9/05/2016 6:13 am  #5

Thunderbow wrote:

When you Journey, do you use a drum, or use a guided journey CD ?

The first 2  times it was a drum the third time it was a live Altered States course led by Glyn Edwards   the college did not want him to teach this as it is so powerful.. He calls it ' Sitting in the Power' we had people attend from USA and Australia to do it.  So he did it any way.He did not like them dictating what he should teach . It was unforgettable, totally amazing I felt priviledged to be a student of his, particularly as he has since stopped working due to ill health.

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (9/05/2016 6:26 am)

There is a good way,  a bad way, and a better way.  For my path, I choose the better way..
Nicholas Black Elk

9/06/2016 9:52 pm  #6

I bring myself to the state by using various meditation techniques.  Though their are times when I did not so much get content.  Last year at one the events I was doing everyone thought I went crazy as I was pulled in and surrounded by a crowd.  Haha, that was the event that led to me finding Maikains so there was a plus to it.  Even if I was a little weird in front of thousands of people.  Luckily they probably just figured I was drunk or high.  I personally do not like drums for getting into the state of mind, but bagpipes can do it.  I dunno lets chaulk that up to culture lol.  

9/06/2016 10:37 pm  #7

LOL Rhaiynne, whatever works for you man is whats best. I have to say now living currently where I do yeah the trad music over here also has a pretty good effect n that also includes the bagpipes. Good to see you around again by the way , hope you got all yr work done.

The Native flute also works for me but that go's backs to the days I was with my first husband as he was one hell of a flute player and listening to him playing used to send me on quite a journey. I think it was more down to the fact I actually relaxed properly and totally so his music just carried me.

I find if I meditate I dont journey, not properly anyway. For me it has to be spontaneous, if I plan it, it seldom ever happens the way I plan it. That's just down to me, if I get the pull its strong and I can have a hard time holding it off until I get to a place where I can do so safely.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell......
Spirituality is for those who have already been there......

9/07/2016 12:32 pm  #8

I have not journeied for aboyt a year, have just been too busy with a caring role until now...  Now that I have the time, I am more intent on getting back to meditation.. It is helping me finally sleep at night.. so I am enjoying that..

Last edited by Star Wolf Medicine Woman (9/07/2016 12:33 pm)

Nicholas Black Elk

10/09/2016 2:36 pm  #9

Can someone please define what you mean by "journey"? 

10/10/2016 2:06 am  #10

It is allowing part of your soul to leave your body this is normally done after a prayer.the drumming makes it easier to do because of the rhythm.

The spoken word always comes back as whispers in the wind.

Board footera